View: 61|Reply: 0

Pro Scott Propaganda Piece

[Copy link]
25-10-2020 11:48:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
First off, my heart goes out to BOTH families. Neither deserves what they've been going through. And RIP, Laci and Connor.

Unfortunately, the jury - while not the most likable - did get the verdict right.
They messed up the sentencing, though. In circumstantial cases like this, a LIFE sentence, not death would have been more appropriate. And it was overturned this year to LIFE.

I've watched quite a few crime documentaries and not one was this biased towards one side.

I do agree that sensationalism and 24/7 "news" networks milk high profile cases to the Nth degree and should not be trying cases on national TV and taint the jury pool. So shame on those people who make a living doing that.
And yes, I'm sure the talking heads got some things wrong, plus the police department didn't do the best job with this case.

But please turn on your brain and DO look at the big picture.
Motive? Check.
Opportunity? Check.
Means? Check.

Dude tells his mistress he lost his wife (first Christmas w/o her coming up), buys a boat shortly after that and two weeks later it's Christmas and she is gone. Along with most of the content of that 90 lb bag of concrete. No, he did not patch his driveway with that same cement, as the petrographer expert testified. Yeah, that wasn't part of this docu, might want to google it.
Then, four months later the bodies pop up at the exact spot he said he went fishing...

You can dump a body from that boat without capsizing it. If you don't sit all the way in the back, with the motor and body weighing down the back end of the boat. Seriously?

People saw her after Scott left? Eye witness statement are notoriously unreliable. That's why the defense didn't call them on the stand. People see something and vaguely remember but are not very likely to pinpoint what day, let alone TIME it was when they saw what they saw. Laci didn't walk her dog twice that day. There was no reason for the dog to be wandering around out front with collar and muddy leash on unless they had already returned from the walk. Yes, the mailman may be mistaken in his believe that the dog ALWAYS barks when he comes by. Maybe it was asleep. Maybe it just did not hear him. It was an old dog.
The baby's age at death testimony is ridiculous and sounds like junk science. It died the day his mother died, on Christmas Eve, not a few days later. Whatever was around his neck / face area is debris from the Bay. And yes, currents can shear off decaying limbs that have heavy weight tied to them. Also yes, a decomposing body can lose its internal organs in a watery grave with currents, rocks and ligaments cutting into it and wildlife doing its job.

Nobody had them. No cult, no burglars decided to take her and then frame her hubby. Seriously, if she HAD confronted the burglars and they did something to her, they would have left her at the empty home or dumped her long before the police put the word out about the boat in the marina Jan. 2nd.

And on and on... Sorry but no doubt in my mind that Scott is guilty.

score /10

SomeBlueDevil 5 September 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6063712/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部