Guilty, Guilty and Guilty!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-10-2020 11:48:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
There are several serious issues with this series:

1. Way, way too much time is given to doubters and family members of Scott Peterson, who don't believe he killed his wife. More time is given to them -- 1/2 dozen to 1 dozen people -- than to the other side, which is pretty much solely represented by Nancy Grace. And maybe a detective or two. I mean, WTF? Why don't they just name this series, "Scott Peterson Is Innocent"...?? This is the biggest flaw with this show.

2. Many of the episodes could be 20 minutes shorter. (Who directed and edited these episodes?) It's like they don't have enough for all the episodes, but A&E needs one hours, so they fill them out with redundant pabulum.

3. Episode 6 (I can't believe I even bothered watching this one!) is horrible. All Scott Peterson family/friends, all the time. Jesus. Okay, I can feel for some of his family members, like his Dad, who says Scott showed so much promise in life. (Well... did he really? He was a fertilizer salesman -- nothing wrong with that -- but he wasn't attempting to cure cancer with his life.)

But at the same time, how do these family members believe Scott is innocent? Why doesn't an interviewer ask them anything like, "How do you reconcile that Scott lied at the police station re: if there were any problems with his marriage, and Scott said 'no'?" I would have loved to have heard family members answer that question. Or answer questions about what they thought about Scott having an affair in Lacy's 8th/9th month of pregnancy. These and other questions to family members would have been potentially compelling moments for this show. Alas, the producers and/or directors aren't smart enough for this.

4. Mark Geragos, the attorney for Scott Peterson back in 2004, is a joke. Of course, they need Geragos for their coterie of talking heads, but Geragos is a hack attorney. He lost this case of course (and has lost many, many others), but has an ego so huge that it's not his fault. Here in Episode 6, he blames the media, the wall-to-wall television coverage, and the public for believing Peterson guilty -- thereby implying it impacted the jury. God forbid it was Geragos himself who just wasn't capable of defending his client.

This series could have been so much better. As it is, it's below average, and really not worth your time viewing. What is there to say anyway about Scott Peterson? He lied to police, he lied to family, he lied to everyone, he committed murder and got caught. GUILTY! No need to revisit.

score 3/10

Mustang92 20 September 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3810166/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部