View: 51|Reply: 0

Can't believe that Scott Peterson is not guilty

[Copy link]
25-10-2020 11:48:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Being from Modesto I was very interested in this series. I know the area from which Laci disappeared and was eager to watch this series to confirm that he was guilty. So much for that! I'm not sure I've ever seen such compelling evidence that he is NOT guilty. He's a loser for sure, a cheater and a liar, and an incredible narcissist. But guilty of murdering Laci, I'm afraid not. Or if he is, then he is quite possibly the most oblivious human to walk the planet.

For those of you who are so certain that he IS guilty, I'm guessing you're also the people who think O.J. is innocent. You clearly had your mind made up prior to watching this show and are not going to change your mind no matter what. Well, maybe if you had video of Scott being in Tulsa during the 4 hours surrounding her disappearance. But aside from that you're no better than Nancy Grace - who, by the way, should be put in a jail cell along with Gloria Gomez just for behaving the way they did during the lead up to the trial and the trial.

There is not one piece of solid evidence (circumstantial or otherwise) that points to Scott being guilty. There is a ton of evidence that he is narcissistic, a cheater, and a liar, and incredibly apathetic - but evidence that he is guilty? Not one shred. The fact that the police lied about the burglars who robbed the house across the street should be evidence enough to get him a new trial. That nobody thinks it's important that the witness who saw the van that day not only told police, but that the police then said it was a different day (when in fact, the front of that house was covered with news people the day the police say the place was robbed) is just insane.

Like I say, I was CERTAIN that he was guilty. Would have been the first to convict based on what I'd seen and heard in the news - but it's simply not true. It's a shame that the police can't ever admit wrongdoing and try to right the fact that this guy sits on death row and I'm about 90% sure he's not guilty. I can't say 100% because I wasn't there.

A good series - it clearly does lean toward trying to defend Scott - but that's not what changed my mind. I can see that for what it is. It's the lack of evidence, the fact that the jury was biased, the crazy alternate juror who ended up convincing some of the folks to vote guilty (she should be put in jail along with Nancy Grace and Gloria Gomez - they should all share a cell), and the fact that most of what we'd seen/read in the papers was distorted so badly that we didn't have all the facts.

It's a shame - I'm sure, as he said, that he was convicted by the media and his apathy certainly didn't help matters. I'm guessing he'll be thinking about that for many years to come.

score 8/10

donnagcurry 20 June 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4210373/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部