View: 126|Reply: 0

Terrific, but not excellent

[Copy link]
9-10-2020 22:28:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Kara Para Ask 9/10 My first Turkish drama, and on this evidence not my last. The story revolves around Omar a working class cop, and Elif, a girl from the upper echelons of society. Tragedy brings them together. So like Korean dramas, we have two people from different classes falling for each other. Of Course they start out, not being able to stand each other. Lke Korean dramas too, There is the girl from his past. But unlike k-dramas, this is not a character with bad intentions. but someone who under different circumstances could have been the heroine of the story. Someone also has designs on Elif. Unlike Korean dramas. there is a lot of kissing and hugging in this. Actually, for me it got too sappy. But perhaps that says more about me. Yep, Hugging seems to very popular in Turkey. It's not only hugging between the two leads, but also between families, and friends of families. There is a archvillain in this. Although you find out pretty early. It was quite a shock. Murders are committed by him, and for him. There are kidnappings, and shoot outs. In The area of excitement, the drama doesn't let you down. There are many characters, my favourite being Pelin. The song does not feature in the series. But there is some wonderful Turkish music What are the real faults of the drama. Well, as in Korean dramas, there are scenes where it looks like somebody is going to die. But they don't. Although not everyone survives. I'm not sure if this happens in Korean dramas. But the same things to more than one character. eg pregnacy. There are some scenes meant to convey tension, but you know what's going to happen. I guess also as some korean dramas, blood and gore are not seen

All the main characters are well drawn. and many of the minor characters too. The acting is terrific, and I can't fault anybody. One character is a bit of a crybaby. but in some ways her story is the most compelling, because you are not quiet sure how it will turn out. The drama will you give insight into Turkish culture, and their sayings. It aso shows the difference between Omar's family, who I guess are more traditional, and Elif's who are more modern. The lead male is not a very likable character. He is quiet impatient, and not averse to using his fists on suspects. Beside the main story, many of the characters have their own story.

score 9/10

martin-fennell 11 November 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3578535/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部