View: 99|Reply: 0

A suspense thriller with Dinos?

[Copy link]
20-9-2020 11:40:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the type of Jurassic, (Cretaceous,) world I am more willing to enjoy. Thrill and suspense. The characters, (the main characters) get up to a few more reckless actions than you'd expect real people too, and they lean a little heavy on some of the character tropes, but it does help make each of the core team distinct. For the most part, the core six all make sense as real people, and actually shine more when they aren't spitting lines of dialogue to remind us which is the dino-kid, who is from Texas, and who is the internet girl... etc. (although sometimes these traits come in handy... just wish we didn't have to be reminded of them every 15 minutes.)
The group has to survive crazy situations on dinosaur island. They have to work together. The story works, and it works without seeming too much like a badly written comic, (dinosaur auctions and assassination raptors- I'm calling those out JW-2,) If they end up with more seasons, it seems like the series might be able to improve a lot without the constraints of having to fit around the events which lead to the teams misfortune (avoiding spoilers.) The world was already established, but its nice to see new parts of the island, and learn about other things happening in Jurassic World. All in all, I'd call it the best update since Jurassic Park... as long as you go in with the understanding that it is an animated series made for a wide audience.

score 9/10

viabioteacher 19 September 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6107434/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部