View: 56|Reply: 0

One of the best sitcoms there is

[Copy link]
13-5-2020 02:07:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Today I for the first time finished watching this show that aired its last episode over 20 years ago. And I am kind of surprised, because I am somebody who likes to watch TV and Cheers is very good, a real classic.Yet for some reason we don't see many reruns on TV. Which is very surprising considering that we have shows being shown that are older and less good.

Set in a small and cozy bar in Boston we watch the variety of the characters go through their every day adventures. It is pretty fun and I love the variety of cast we have in it. Smart ones,dumb ones,romantic, badass, mean, anything you can think of is represented on this show. My personal favorites were Frasier and Lilith, they were indeed very extraordinary characters that always made me laugh. But I must say there was nobody on the show that I disliked. Even characters like Carla whom I would never want to be friends with in reality, were very special, irreplaceable and so many dimensional.

I must say Cheers was lucky with the cast change in the middle. Not everyone liked Rebecca years more than Diane. But one has to agree that this big change in the story is what partially helped keeping this show safe from becoming a caricature of itself with a tired storyline. It remained fresh and fun until the end. A real classic.

score 9/10

ComedyFan2010 14 July 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3050373/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部