View: 59|Reply: 0

A Place Where Everyone Knows Your Name - a Show for Everyone

[Copy link]
13-5-2020 02:07:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
What can you say about a Television Sitcom that has changed the shape of Situation Comedies? This show is the "stuff of legends," like I Love Lucy, Three's Company, All In The Family, and many, many others. I have watched at least one episode of Cheers every day for the last 10 years, possibly longer. It's a show you can turn on to watch, for background noise, although calling this show "noise" is a huge misnomer. I watch this show before I fall asleep, or while I'm just messing around the house. There aren't a lot of shows that you can do this with, but Cheers is one of them. I love almost every episode. The only episodes I tend to tune out are the one's with Carla's oldest Son and insufferable girlfriend/wife. However, there are usually other plot points in these episodes that help block out the terrible acting by these two, "movie stars." The show really picks up after Season 1, and only gets better, in Season 3, thanks to the genius and fantastic actor that is Kelsey Grammer, who plays Frasier. Season 6, onward, are very fun and entertaining seasons as well, but do not capture the love that I feel for the first 5 seasons. Not to give away any plot points, but the series goes through a metamorphosis with characters, losing 2 character from the first 3 seasons that I love dearly. However, the 2 that fill their shoes are almost just as special. This series is by far my favorite series. It is the only reason I still have Netflix, also because I cannot find it syndicated on Television. I would give this show a 9.8/10. I would take off .2 points for the aforementioned actors in certain episodes. Do yourself a favor and watch this fantastic series. It will change your life and you feel like your in the bar with the characters the more you watch this series; they feel like a part of your family. I enjoy visiting Cheers at least once a day. It is, of course, a place "Where everyone knows your name." Happy viewing!

score 10/10

CheersFan1987 30 November 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4486393/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部