View: 63|Reply: 0

The New Narcos (x Gomorrah)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
16-3-2020 01:37:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Before I watched the series I read a number of reviews on here (both positive and negative) that labeled this show had a slow pace. I'm here to tell you that I think those people all mistook tension for lethargy.

The greatest praise I can give Zerozerozero is that it is never boring and always has narrative momentum. This show is actually action packed, much more so than Narcos or Gomorrah. It truly feels like the successor to the original 3 season of Narcos (Colombia), not in the sense that it follows the same Narcos docu-drama narrative style, more so in the sense that it's an American made crime drama about the cocaine trade.

After Narcos Mexico turned into a telenovela, I'm so glad I found another series to take up the mantle of the Narco drama. Yet this show is so much more than a story about the cocaine trade in Latin America as it shows the involvement of the Americans (brokers) and the Italians (buyers).

With 3 interweaving narratives, the writers have done a fantastic job keeping all 3 stories interesting and expertly pacing each episode, always leaving you wanting more. A lot of times with multiple narratives there's always 1 that lags or involves characters you don't care about. This show does not have that problem, quite the feat considering most of the characters in this story are pretty despicable, on the surface.

What really carries the show is its beautiful, yet hauntingly sparse cinematography which adds to the atmosphere of dread and general helplessness the characters all face on this show.

If you're at all a fan of crime thrillers/organized crime dramas, this show is not to be missed.

score 10/10

thebiz326 10 March 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5540442/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部