View: 33|Reply: 0

after the first three episode it certainly doesnt feel like a mistake to watch what comes next

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 13:26:46 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Dont get me wrong. the series is not perfect and some parts could do better. e.g. the script has some weaknesses and sometimes that seem to reflect on the performance of the actresses and actors. There are some big names in the project and they deserve a little better. But it is far from really bad and the show and the story seem to grow legs as it progresses.

some people complain about a tv-series about a news show being political. Well ... if you really want a story with substance how can it not be? I disagree that it has a left bias. If any it goes at a very controversial topic with a realistic view trying to show what it implies with all the layers and perspectives. Ok if we are very sensitive it might feel like another "more power to the women" where all the men are bad or weak of both. But is it really? Lets face it: the industry is still dominated by men. All the harassment cases are the result of men being in power and sometimes abusing it, sometimes just using it and certainly sometimes just getting lucky. Doesnt change that they are there. So ... how can we take anything serious when it doesnt deal with that? Especially in a field where it is a major issue?

but we must not forget that is just the backdrop for a story that shows us different characters and how they try to deal with the world they are in. And we could easily see the story also being about someone who doesnt want to compromise and shoots herself in the foot more than once because of that. Now she is put in the sugar coat industry where terrible things are smiled away so people can have a good day. That is going to be interesting. Also what do morals mean once you are put into a situation where you really have to weigh them against something that also matters to you? On the other hand how about facades once they come down? Btw. when i said the writing needs improvement there are certainly points where it already shines. Moments when these characters confront each other and find some truth. If we get more of that it will be very interesting and very entertaining.

so all in all i'll give it at the moment 7 stars.
5 meaning decent but not extraordinary also not bad
6 for production value and directing etc.
7 for having an engaging story line and creating interest for the characters
8,9,10 will be reserved for real mindblowing stuff. something that makes it a must to see what comes next not just not a bad idea.

score 7/10

nereidon 2 November 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5230174/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部