View: 50|Reply: 0

The Ugly Side of Humanity

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 13:06:58 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
My nomination goes to House of Lies for the ugliest cast of characters ever assembled for a television series. Normally I like Don Cheadle but he's totally miscast here as some sort of stud who no woman can resist. On top of that he plays a ruthless scumbag who will lie, cheat, and manipulate everyone around him in order to advance his career. We are too used to him playing good decent people to buy into this Kaan character.

Then there are all the other annoying scumbags that populate it. For example, his two male assistants are guys you just want to beat the crap out of after a few minutes. This goes double for Ben Schwartz as Clyde. Was he created by antisemites? Kaan's female assistant played by Bell is not much better. Then there is Kaan's ex-wife who looks and acts a lot more like a cheap prostitute than a professional woman. Why on earth would they cast a woman half a foot taller to play Cheadle's ex wife? Her head is also twice the size of Cheadle's.

I won't even get into Kaan's screwed up family. Uggh. That kid needs help. Who on earth takes their cross-dressing son to a client's office when the boy is wearing a dress? The kid needs to be in therapy before he's assaulted on the streets or worse. On top of all that actor playing the son is terrible at it.

The show is just a sad depressing statement on humanity.

Somehow I managed to get through the entire first season before finally accepting that it's a horrid waste of time. I did so because I kept hoping there might be some business insights like the book has. Nope. The show is just a train wreck about a group of mostly unattractive, morally bankrupt and psychologically screwed-up people.

score 3/10

internetuser1655 14 February 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2960885/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部