View: 43|Reply: 0

I really want to like this show

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 13:06:55 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
The previews for House of Lies had me excited. It seemed like an interesting topic and it had two actors I enjoy in it (Cheadle and Bell). Unfortunately, it just comes across as a jumbled/jangled mess of unlikable egos, attitudes and greed.

I think the writers probably had a good idea, but just missed their mark. I honestly don't know how they could have failed any more in their attempt to make the characters hip and exciting, because they're anything but that. What they are is grotesque in a very uninteresting manner; largely because they're petty and unbelievable. Being a big fan of Don Cheadle's work, I'm actually disappointed that he accepted his role in this wreck.

And yet, I am still watching it, while hoping that it will soon improve. Although I've considered removing it from my list of scheduled recordings on my DVR, I'll probably watch the rest of the first season (at which time I'll surely cancel the series, unless it drastically improves before then.) Ironically, the thing that keeps me watching the most, at this point, is curiosity for whether the show is really as bad as it seems or if there will eventually be some sort of breakthrough, where it all suddenly makes sense. I'm betting on the former, but hoping for the latter.

score 5/10

Slug-3 5 April 2012

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2592384/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部