View: 57|Reply: 0

Great show...why isn't Tim on the judging panel?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 13:06:38 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I tune into this show every week, it's interesting to see a glimpse of the design process. Although it is thrilling to see the final garments on the runway, I would still like to see more of the designing...perhaps I'd like to see the camera zooming in on the designers so we can see how they make the clothes but that might get in the way.

Heidi could change her tone of voice a bit, I understand that she needs to repeat the instructions in every episodes but it seems like she is a recording. I also wonder why Tim is not on the judging panel since after all he does have design expertise. I particularly enjoy reading "Tim's Take" on the designs from each episode, it would be nice if the producers could incorporate these comments into the show. While I was watching the earlier episodes I was thinking that there should be designers as judges as opposed to fashion editors (even if it is for Elle magazine) but thankfully in the later episodes Heidi has included fashion designers in the judging panel.

I was particularly saddened to see Vanessa go because she admitted that she "couldn't sew", it seems as if admitting your weaknesses and taking the blame for letting down the team as opposed to pointing fingers is not the thing to do. Sure, they need to have self-confidence but some humility and honesty wouldn't hurt.

Anyway this show is great, it stands out from the rest of reality TV because of the creativity and originality. Austin is an amazing designer but I feel he has his own vision and tends to not compromise and apply himself to the task at hand. I'm rooting for Kara Saun, she seems like a true professional.

score /10

whystical 13 December 2005

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1237640/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部