View: 65|Reply: 0

There needs to be a national holiday dedicated to this show

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 12:40:23 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Saved by the Bell is one of the television shows that a vast majority of people born after 1970 has probably seen at least an episode once. I, on the other hand, have seen every Saved by the Bell episode (note: not the lame New Class or College Years) at least several times over and it all began back in the wonderful year of 1992.

I had just started junior high that year and naturally after a long week of school, Saturday finally came. I would usually sleep until 11 and wake up in time for American Gladiators, but one Saturday morning I inadvertently woke up at 10 and caught a show and that show was Saved by the Bell. I was instantaneously hooked to that show and watched every episode up to the special graduation ceremony NBC aired on prime time T.V. In fact, in a junior high poll conducted that year about what students at my school defined as the most monumental moment in their lives. Yes, it was when Zach and the gang graduated high school.

The question that should be asked is why was I hooked and still hooked to Saved by the Bell. The story lines were never original and the jokes were never funny. (Example: When Jessie reveals her middle name to be Myrtle and Zach quips and says Myrtle is his turtle's name. ). And that kind of cornball joke was just the tip of the iceberg in a show that was inundated with not-funny jokes. At one point I thought Slater was the coolest person in the world with his mullet, and at one time I actually tried to grow such a mullet but I soon realized it was pure blasphemy to be like Slater because I am not Slater. So I thought what I stated in the previous sentence is why I was hooked, but alas it wasn't the case. Perhaps a team of Ivy League School Researchers could conduct a study why so many Americans and people aboard watched and are still watching Saved by the Bell.

The show, perfect in every shape and form, had some problems, mainly due to continuity errors. For example:

In one episode Kelly enters a talent contest at Bayside High. She is going to sing a song, but unfortunately she appears to be tone deaf and can't carry a tune. HOWEVER, in an episode later on, Kelly somehow has a beautiful voice while proving backup vocals for the Zack Attack.

Such a blatant disregard for continuity. Did the producers of SBTB actually think they could get away with it?

BUT...

Let's face the facts here: The world would have been into a second Dark Age if Saved by the Bell never aired.

score /10

MN-Troy 18 January 2004

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0265157/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部