View: 76|Reply: 0

Gotta love it.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 11:34:58 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
HAHAHAH. CYE is one of the few American comedies i can bring myself to watch. It reminds me a fair bit or Seinfeld in the way it observes life's quirks and unwritten rules. Larry David uses awkward and realistic situations that puts human nature in the spotlight.

However this being said it is not for everyone. People who like cheap gags or forced humor might not be impressed with CYE. I myself would have given it a ten but gave it a nine not for this reason, but because it does have some suss bits and the constant swearing makes it less enjoyable (for me anyway.) Larry David is a terrible example of a Jew, and we get to see what being him is like. It's odd because it is about the real Larry David (unlike Seinfeld where it was only partially autobiographical.) There are constant Seinfeld references on this show and you will see the actors who played the characters in Seinfeld in CYE.

Definitely bordering on a new genre of comedy, this is definitely worth a look for those who can handle a more dark, sophisticated brand of humor.

score 9/10

mikk111 6 December 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1538721/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部