View: 82|Reply: 0

Seinfeld without the canned laughter plus Swearing

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 11:34:57 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
that is exactly how i see one of the best sitcoms of recent times... the sitcom heydey of the 90's seemed to be dying down, Frasier and Friends have ended, and here in the UK all the good stuff seems to be dying off too, Black Books being the last truly great one, we don't get the 10 series that American sitcoms do, anything more than 5 is overkill here, and a series in the UK is barely more than 6 episodes.. so people like myself appreciate the abundance American shows bring, while in most cases maintaining quality... but the godfather of the sitcoms sadly ended some time ago.. and that was Seinfeld.. nothing bar the Simpsons could touch it, but at least Seinfeld knew when to stop, but Curb Your Enthusiasm is to Seinfeld as Futurama is to the Simpsons.. it doesn't have the general appeal, but it has something else the former didn't.. an evolution that is true to its roots.

Here in the UK, CYE has been shown only on BBC4, the "posh" arty channel only available on satellite.. which i think is one of the biggest mistakes the BBC have made EVER!!, because this is a comedy i think just as good as Alan Partridge, or The Office, both are shows which have great respect here. Unfortunately the only way i've been able to watch CYE is though unorthodox methods, but that is simply because i can't watch them any other way until a DVD comes out.. and i think this a great shame.. as this is one hell of a show, i can't believe Larry David came up with so many genius ideas during Seinfeld, and is still churning them out, i've seen the whole first series of CYE and a couple of Season 2, and each one has ranged from inspired to utter genius....

hail Larry David and Co.. for making one excellent sitcom, i just wished it had the exposure it deserves, because it is seriously funny and clever.. but it seems people can't handle live action comedy without the canned laughter, which is a huge shame..

CYE Rocks!!!! check it out, buy the DVD when ever it comes out!! one of the best sitcoms ever!! i love it! :D

score /10

tj_director 11 August 2003

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0764685/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部