View: 105|Reply: 0

Because Screaming Is *Always* Funny

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 11:25:24 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
If you think intentional awkward pauses, endless streams of non-sequiturs, and humorless Jackass-style hidden camera interludes are the pinnacle of comedy, then I know you'll be absolutely delighted by the Eric Andre show.

However, if you have more refined tastes that prefer actual *humor* to accompany your comedy, then The Eric Andre show will leave you flat.

I have already encountered plenty of reviewers who are determined to find some transcendent 'anti-humor' at work here and insist that the show is great.

I am of a contrary mind.

It's simply not that complicated. The longer you explain the joke, the less funny it becomes. Explaining the wit behind The Eric Andre Show would require a full course-load of lectures followed by a Master's Thesis.

The show is clearly unique. It's a parody of the traditional chat-show format, Eric Andre isn't afraid to 'get in everyone's face' without breaking his straight-man persona.

I get it. It was sort of funny when Ernie Kovacs started doing it about sixty years ago, and it's been excellent filler material for generations of cable access comedians.

The trouble is that Eric winds up with about three kernels worth of humor and seems to think that's enough to feed a whole team of horses.

It's not.

This entire concept might be funny as a segment on a sketch comedy show. As a stand-alone series, it creaks and collapses under the demands of fifteen minutes and delivers only awkward cringes instead of laughs.

score 1/10

kholden 16 January 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2943308/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部