View: 76|Reply: 0

Using a hammer to crack a nut

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 10:26:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Like so many others I have been intrigued by the Oak Island Mystery for many years so when I read that new investors were going to have a serious go at it I was intrigued. I am sure the brothers are genuine guys but it is clear to me that the TV show has lost its way because entertainment shows cannot keep the viewers interested if nothing ever happens. Serious scientific study takes many years and is not viewer friendly and this is now becoming very apparent. In one episode one of the brothers is lowered down a shaft and the cage wobbles - the narrator then suggests that he was in mortal danger which is of course rubbish.This is desperate stuff. Then one brother says "I quit" cue music and hard stare from other brother. But he actually meant he wanted to quit exploring the swamp....phew what a relief. I am also intrigued that when a coin is found the camera is always there - how is this possible? Every episode goes over and over the same things and very little happens - this is not a criticism of the brothers but of the pressure put on them to make an entertainment show. I want to love this show but it really is terribly made and the viewer is left wondering what the hell is going on. So far I have worked out that the Knights Templar, the Spanish, the English, Pirates,the early indigenous people and the French all worked together to build a labyrinth of chambers just to annoy us all living in the 21st century. One word of advice to the producers "analyse the soil" and there is another clue that nobody has seen - I am saying nothing because the clue they seem to have missed would suggest that they should leave and go home.

score /10

rcrobjohn 5 June 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3251816/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部