View: 67|Reply: 0

Dummies watching other dummies do dumb things!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 10:26:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
And I've been one of those dummies! The last several episodes, however, I've just fast forwarded through, watching a few seconds here and there. Every episode seems like the last one, and they go something like this: "damn, what are we going to do about the major setback we had? Oh wait, we can do this other thing, and if we do, we might unlock the secret of the island." Then at the end we are led to believe they are on the verge of some sort of "great discovery."

In between, we get the same diagrams, "facts" about the island, tales about a boyhood dream that originated in the Reader's Digest (or wherever), and speculation about the Holy Grail, ancient Phoenicians, the Lost Ark, Knights Templar, Vikings, Captain Kidd, the Founding Fathers, ET aliens, the JFK assassination, chemtrails, Shakespeare, dowsing rods, Bigfoot, the Voynich Manuscript, Excalibur... oh wait, perhaps it only feels like we get all that, but we certainly do get way too much of that stuff, that's for sure!

At this point, it's clear that there will be no "major discovery," unless you consider an old coin or two to be such. So, you can watch some environmental destruction for the purposes of chasing nonsense if you like but I'm hoping the Canadian government will step in and put an end to it. At least nobody else will likely get killed seeking "lost pirate treasure" if they do, and some other ridiculous show can take its place, which can't be any dumber than this one!

Of course, you can probably just search google news for oak island discovery or something like that to see if they ever do make a "great discovery," but then you wouldn't get to experience that 22 minutes or so of silliness that we have all grown to love, right?

score 2/10

nazztrader 19 November 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3127450/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部