View: 53|Reply: 0

Liked season one. Hated season two.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 10:19:27 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Season one was interesting. I like the behind the seasons look into the intelligence community. The idea of the whistleblower was relevant. I liked the cast. It was well done.
Season two is a train wreck. The idea of different intelligence agencies trying to affect the outcome of a German election wasn't believable and I found it offensive. The whole "alt right" is evil and dangerous was sophomoric. The alt right is a political belief. The glee everyone in the cast takes at defeating the alt right seems right out of 1984. Yet, it's not played as a warning. The CIA is glorified for interfering in a foreign election. Aren't we supposed to be outraged that foreign governments try to interfere in US elections? Yet oddly everyone is down with stopping a conservative candidate in Germany because of her tough stance on immigration.

The writers try to cover themselves by saying the CIA has good intelligence that this candidate is going to try to fake a terrorist attack. First off this is a preposterous idea. Secondly if they have such great intelligence why does a CIA agent need to go undercover with the alt right to gather information? They seem to have someone on the inside already or how else did they get the initial intelligence? It's absurd.

They never explain where this intelligence came from? How do they know it's a real lead and not a smokescreen? Yet multiple agencies from different countries suddenly drop their mission of fighting terroism to chase a rumor because they are all liberals?

This is not the first show to follow up a strong first season with a horrific and absurd second season, but this may take the prize.

score 7/10

paul-2148 21 June 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4210436/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部