View: 49|Reply: 0

Season 3 was a Stab in the right direction!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 09:00:54 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I LOVED season 3. But first let me mention Seasons 1 & 2, as they were a guilty pleasure for me as well. But admittedly the first 2 seasons felt like a contrived & serialized soap opera compared to the Scream legacy and what followed after. All the main characters, though I liked them, in season's 1 and 2 - majority had plot-armor and by the end some became too lovable to even be killed off. I enjoyed season 1 & 2, but ended season 2 completely ready for what would come next. Season 3 was the reboot this show desperately needed. With out spoiling anything, my favorite character turned out to be the final killer, and I somehow did not see it coming at all until it had cornered me. Season 3 put this show back on track after the first 2 seasons were teetering a bit out of bounds. Season 3 felt more like a part of the Scream saga. and was a brilliant fresh take on the series. The first 2 or so episodes felt a bit rusty, but some how they managed to grapple with the story in a way that kept it churning. It kept me guessing and the 'whodunit' factor finally was a stronger part of the story. Like I said my favorite character turned out to be the killer with out me even seeing it coming. The red-herrings were well played. and the horror satire being turned at different angles was a pleasant surprise and true to form. I could not stop thinking about this show once it ended. I am over-hyping it a bit. But I just really dig a good whodunit slasher. and this one for what it was, was satisfying for me. Is it without flaws? Of course not. Is it perfect? Hell no. But it finally took this series somewhere else. and has kept this series alive for me. It makes the original (which I love, respect, and adore) almost look a bit paint-by-numbers now that the tropes are really all too common, and that is exactly what a Scream installment should do. A fun ride. and a welcome installment and achievement for those who were a part of it. I loved the cast as well. Still cannot shake off that ending reveal. Talk about shocker for some of us who are in to this kind of thing. I will watch what every comes next. Bring it on ASAP. <3

score 9/10

influxtwo 12 July 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4991865/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部