View: 45|Reply: 0

Seasons 1-2: 10 // Season 3: 6 // Season 4: 1

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 09:00:28 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Season 4 is unwatchable. Actually, no--it's torturous to endure (especially as one may recall the sheer brilliance of seasons 1-2 and partially, season 3). The show has now escalated into a sordid combination of confusion, blandness, and over-sentimentality.

The magnitude of intelligence that made Sherlock so intriguing has now all but disappeared, and the witty repartee between the brothers Holmes has been replaced with these over-the-top statements that the characters seem to utter for shock value alone.

On another note, I really cannot handle the repeated "save John Watson... save him" DVD hogwash that the show's writers/producers seem to think will touch the hearts of its audience somehow. And while we're at it, Amanda Abbington playing the role of a recently- retired assassin-for-hire? That's about as believable as a Nigerian lottery win. Also, I know that British TV tends to be much more forgiving in terms of beauty standards, but I wince every time she appears on the screen.

This used to be my favorite show on television and now I can't even bear to finish the last episode.

score 6/10

hot-tamales 12 March 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3660783/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部