View: 44|Reply: 0

Terrible Finale, I cringe for the way Sherlock appears to be going

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 09:00:27 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
First of all the acting was superb as usual, but the storyline for last night's finale was terrible.

Mycroft up until now has always been Sherlock's smarter older tougher brother, last night he turned into a myopic, quivering stupid neutered man and lost all credibility.

Here is a man who could not see that 5 minutes of his crazy sister and Moriarty alone together could not have disastrous consequences. Awful part of the finale, the scriptwriters should have been sacked for this piece of blatant nonsense.

Mycroft was afraid of Euros too, which just does not fit in with the character that Conan Doyle wrote about.

The premise that Euros was locked up since childhood because she was brilliant, had a very high IQ and set their family home alight stretches credibility beyond what is acceptable, I can imagine any family lawyer having a field day with this as evidence that she should be treated as the most vile criminal and have her future taken away from her.

We are left with lot's of questions, how did Euros brainwash all of the guards in the prison so that they all came under her command?

How did 5 minutes alone with Moriarty sniffing each other through glass like dogs turn into recordings of him making inane comments?

How did Euros take over the mind of the Prison Governor, we heard some of what she said 'I can help...'? It sounded like something a teenager would say to someone to gain influence, puerile and infantile and would never work.

Then we have 3 men tied up descending outside the window of the room Sherlock et al were in, apparently the ropes were tied to heaven because we were not shown how they were affixed.

Euros pushes a button and 2 fall. How? The answer given by Sherlock was multiple choice (choice of 1 of the 3 men being the killer), so how could a single red button cut the ropes of the other 2 men?

It was at this point I decided that somehow and unbeknownst to me that some dastardly person had put LSD in my cup of tea and I was now in the middle of an acid trip.

Then Sherlock places the lid on a coffin and proceeds to smash it up, why did he place the lid on the coffin before smashing it up? And could you, the directors and scenemakers not have made the coffin break up so obviously like balsa wood?

How did Euros transport herself, Sherlock, Mycroft and John to the Holmes family home? The prison was on a deserted rock in the middle of the sea, with no transport it appears.

Are we to see Sherlock himself neutered in an upcoming series? whereby he cannot function without the input of his crazed sister?

And finally the ending, I was sure it was a joke, but no, the ending was one of the worst in television history, whereby it turns out Euros was just lonely and just having a hissy fit and that's why she killed so many people.

I cringe for what awaits in the future for Sherlock after watching the nonsense that was last nights finale.

score 2/10

stu-10853 16 January 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3620587/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部