View: 45|Reply: 0

Action and thrills movie style Armitage is fabulous

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 08:12:37 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Sky spent a lot of time advertising this show and I have it certainly lived up to the trailers. The production values were excellent and the energy in all the scenes were brilliant.The script was tight and at times humorous.It was like Bond or Bourne for TV very superior in every way to Ultimate force.

Each two parter was linked by the Collinson/ Porter tension over what had happened in Basara 7 years before the story began.

Richard Armitage as John Porter was excellent it is hard to believe that this is the same actor who played John Thornton in North and South and Harry Kennedy in the Vicar of Dibley. He captured the dilemma of being a paid killer with the moral issues that raises quite brilliantly.The expression in his eyes and the inflection in his voice when he is telling Ewan Bremner the techno geek about how his daughter won't look him in his eyes because he was incorrectly accused of causing the deaths of his men was mesmerising. Richard Armitage is an actor who realises that you do not have to chew the scenery to convey depth of emotion.

Andrew Lincoln was also very good as Collinson the man who destroyed Porters life in a moment of cowardice. I am guessing that a lot of Chris Ryan fans will be disappointed that by confessing and sacrificing himself he earns redemption from Porter unlike the book where Porter gets his revenge.

Jodhi May really grew into the role of Layla and episode 6 was her strongest I loved how she kicked ass with Collinson.

Shelly Conn's character was great as the analyst but I disliked the honey trap element she could have just fancied Porter.

All the guest stars were wonderful and the chemistry between them and Richard Armitage was fabulous. So Kudos to them I would have like to have seen more of Poters home life as I felt this was rushed especially his wife's death Like other reviewers I hope this gets recommissioned.

score 8/10

nursekate 20 May 2010

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2252488/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部