View: 52|Reply: 0

Defies Expectations

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 07:01:50 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Buffy the Vampire Slayer has an odd name. It looks like it has cheese. Unfortunately, some people are even put off because it was produced in the 90s. Please don't let any of these things get in the way of watching this show (like me :C). The humor is on point and self-aware, the heroine is awesome, and even though I'm only starting the second season, I can say with confidence that this show is GOOD. Plus, Giles is the best. If you don't know what I mean by "Giles is the best," it's obviously time that you watch the show, learn why, and then agree with me wholeheartedly.

Sure, there's some cheese, but it's good cheese... like in pizza! Everyone loves pizza. For me, it only makes the show more entertaining. Sure, some of the production values are a little... but don't let that stop you from loving the show just like you'd love Doctor Who (dare I say the first couple seasons of Smallville?) or some of the other low-budget shows with terrible special effects!

But wait! There's more! This show itself is a commentary on high school life (and life in general). The villains and conflicts that the heroine encounters are all representative of problems that someone might encounter in real life. There's a depth to the content that just isn't there in many other shows out there. If you watch the show, you'll see what I mean. It's terribly subtle, the way I'm hinting at you to watch the show, isn't it?

score 9/10

indigotip 4 October 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3556297/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部