View: 72|Reply: 0

Nothing new, nothing amusing. nothing funny

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:46:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
OK, back up, back up now. Is Black-ish trying to be the new Cosby Show or something along those lines? Whether it is or it isn't, I still don't see the appeal of this show and I'm already in episode 5. One, Blackish isn't funny. Two, Blackish recycles humour but delivers it badly, therefore, making it not funny. Three, the show is borderline racist, not just to black people, to people in general. Anthony Anderson is a great actor, he's a funny guy, great chemistry in front of the camera and clearly the only reason this show is tolerable. Along with Laurence Fishburne, these two are the only two people I enjoy watching. As for Tracee Ellis Ross, in all honesty, her role is pretty damn annoying. It's My Wife and Kids all over again, where mom tries very hard to connect with her teenage daughter and tries to look cool so her younger daughter looks up to her. While we're on the subjects of daughters, when did it become funny to see young kids be sarcastic, rude, back-talk and too big for their own shoes? Plus this little girl carries it out with terrible acting skills. And again, when was it funny to see teenage girls with constant mood swings hating on their parents? No parent finds that funny. This whole scene, has been done over and over again. The difference with Blackish is that it's delivered extremely poorly, thus making it unbearable to watch. It's a terrible sitcom honestly. I'm amazed it's been given a full season's run.

score 2/10

jazebelle 11 December 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3139732/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部