View: 71|Reply: 0

Too much racial overtone!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:46:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
My wife and I started watching Black-ish from the very beginning. We're a white middle class family, dead in the middle of the USA. I must say, we really enjoy the earlier episodes; always looking forward to the next weeks show. But as time has passed and a new Presidency, the series has taken a very political and racial turn. I question if we want to continue to watch and support this sitcom. Last weeks show about Juneteenth and the credits ran at the shows end, has possibly made that my last episode. The acting from top to bottom is suburb, that's what's going to make our decision difficult.

We have many African friends, attend a Southern Baptist Church with a mixed congratulation, this show and other make me question what they really think about their white friends (my wife and myself). I fear this show will make a negative impact on African American youth. It could skew their vision of what a great country we live in and the opportunities that await them.

Everyone is aware of Black History, the oppression and unfair treatment African American forefathers were exposed to. We cannot turn-back history, only strive to correct it. We need positive and encouraging shows centered around Black people that would be uplifting, with a promising message. God Bless the USA—— all people, all race……

score 3/10

tnwlk 5 October 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3823681/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部