View: 87|Reply: 0

Sappy, overrated, poor writing

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:33:24 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
If you liked The Blind Spot you are going to like this. Predictable, manipulative, melodramatic and as dull as it can get. In various promotion interviews they've bragged that the success of the show comes from how real and relateable it is. That makes me want to laugh out loud. I've rarely seen a show that was more phony and inauthentic. It's an easy trick that writers use when they are lazy, but want to come off as being "real": put in some deaths, broken families, a fat girl struggling with her weight, and you won't have to make an effort to create good plot and character development. People will just eat it up. So really, the success of this show comes from the fact that people like to be fed corny crap with no substance. Nothing wrong with that, but personally I've found that even a marvel superhero movie have truer dialogue and more relateable characters than this. Also, I might not have been so aggressively against this show it if hadn't been hyped up and overrated to this extreme point. 8.9?? Are you kidding me?

score 5/10

marcus_k 14 February 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3639664/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部