View: 70|Reply: 0

The Perfect Imperfections of All of Us

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 06:33:22 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It was love at first sight with the pilot (okay, it may sound like a cliché but I'll leave it anyway) and that infatuation was not just one night stand. I am only two-thirds through it but I put all my trust in this show for several reasons.

First of all, the story is an excellently matched time travel collage which adds new pieces to the puzzle in moments when you are both caught off-guard but also feel that it was just the right time. Secondly, thanks to the excellent work the actors have done, it is a multidimensional live family photo which looks both romantically heartwarming and chillingly realistic.

My last reason is thoroughly personal. Like in every happy love relationship I have the feeling that "This Is Us" makes me a better person. Not only because I can learn how to make my own amends (when I hurt the people I love or avoid instead of face and deal with sensitive issues), but because in each of the characters I recognize the perfect imperfections that make us humans.

It will make you smile, it will make you cry, it will make you forgive (yourself included).

score 9/10

bbelladdonna 19 January 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3622901/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部