View: 80|Reply: 0

10 Stars? You're Goddamn Right!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:16:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It's 2019, I always heard good things from the show: It being 5th on top tv shows of all time on IMDB and the general talk about how this show is one of those rare ones that just gets better and better with each season. I had seen it was on Netflix but I never watched it until now because it was 5 seasons long and it just felt like I was going to have to commit a lot of time.

In all my boredom I finally decided to start watching it with no intention on actually finishing it. I just wanted to see the first few episodes to waste time on the day and see how the show is. I watched the first three episodes of the first season and I was intrigued. I thought it was good, but not to the level I was being told it was. I eventually got to halfway through the second season and I stopped watching for about a week. I wanted to see this badass Mr White that everyone was talking about but I was dissatisfied with how far he was from that at the S2E5 mark. I grew impatient and decided to stop. This is completely my fault. Not the show's. I knew there had to be a story behind his transformation but I didn't have the commitment to see it. After a week I finally decided to watch S2E6 and after that I was immediately hooked. Less than 2 weeks later I had finished watching the entire show. I just couldn't stop.

For some reason I thought the show would end with Mr White being a badass, taking out all the bad guys and living happily ever after with his family. I had no idea it would turn into a tragedy story: a man desperate to earn money to provide for his family for when he dies of cancer, ends up losing his family as they hate the man he has become. This show becomes very dark in its final stages. Jesse and Walter become enemies in the final season. Hank and Andrea are mercilessly shot in the head. Walter's family and the entire country turn against him. I actually teared a little when Walter saw his baby daughter, Holly, for the last time in the final episode; not even a month had passed since S1E1 but I still cried, that's how good this show is.

This is a messy review and I dont care.

If you're in a similar position to what I was in: wanting to watch the show but not feeling committed to its 5 season duration - just go for it. You won't be disappointed.

score 10/10

adamsutter 3 June 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4908388/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部