Splendid!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:05:31 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score /10

Jonny Lee Miller is splendid as Sherlock.

I have read all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's series. This is not only 'inline', but it takes it to another level. Granted, some episodes are weaker than others. But, somehow, they produce 2 dozen a year. I am thoroughly entertained by each. It's why we watch 'the' screen.

The script is tuned. The delivery is extremely crafted. Secondary characters are well cast.

Psychology of Sherlock is owned by Miller. He created it. He is moving forward with it. You can see that the writers like him. There are so many good 'speeches' by Miller. Short vignettes of life. Of property. Of learning and the power of knowledge. Of marriage. of partnership. I don't recall episode #'s, but this running dialog of marriage/partnership was brilliant.) You can feel his pleased phonic pops of 'P' in his rhetoric.

Ms. Lu is .... such a smooth character . blending, complimenting, conflicting, dazed, hidden at times, standing out,,, taking stage. She is quite good in her role, also. (But , I don't get that 'wearing a tie' thing. It's quite goofy and out of place. Or maybe that is just it ... placement . Anyway .... 'Ditch it', producers.)

I hope that Miller sticks with this. But, I sense that it must be tough to do the same character everyday for 5 years ... Then again ... don't we all.

I said that this is exceptional 'TV ' - It is in it's 5th year now ... BUT I am starting to see ... formula. Lazy investors and producers.

THIS show could go on for many more years with Miller's input. So ... Skip ahead ..... take us on an entertainment path of someone who keeps getting more interesting.

If I were in 'the biz' and a star .... I'd be reading this and pay attention. Hey , staff, read it again.

I'm not a star or staff. Move along. Write something nice. If you like something someone is doing ... tell them.

Go on.

cforlong 28 November 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3588474/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部