What was once brilliant, now quite average

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:05:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 7/10

This show is good regardless of what my headline reads. The reason for my headline specifically is this, when the show first started it took the old Sherlock Holmes formula and applied it very successfully to the character living in modern times in a new locale. Each episode was clever, fun, and mentally stimulating. As the show went on however they changed the winning formula. Instead of excellent writing on one mystery per episode they tried to fit more content into every episode with multiple mysteries per episode. Now the show is just average since instead of exceptionally sharp and detailed writing we get average to weak writing trying to balance two stories in one episode. Personally, I think each season should be shortened to half per season than what it already is, it would refocus them. Each episode these days is just not as focused. Also, Holmes has become rather boring. In the first two seasons he was charming, funny, and the show was undoubtedly all about him and how everyone in his orbit interacted with him. Now the episodes try to focus on various characters which would be great in an ensemble show, Less so in a show about Sherlock Holmes adventures.

axeman_z 27 October 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4421879/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部