View: 114|Reply: 0

Fair, but not dazzling.

[Copy link]
18-2-2021 02:47:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This show only has the thinnest connection to Gene Roddenberry, in the person of Majel Roddenberry, who had a screen play written by her husband for a show he had wanted to do called "The Starship", after the original Star Trek had been out for a bit. I don't think the show bears the Roddenberry stamp of originality. The space vehicle called Andromeda is not very great looking, and the different forms of technology that comprise the Universe of Andromeda are fuzzy and not really talked about by the shows characters. In that sense it was similar to Star Trek, since nobody on that show ever talked about how warp drive speeds represented speeds in excess of 500 times the speed of light the higher up the warp scale you went-it took a fan site to explain that years later. Cute girls and muscular men don't classic SF make and to that end, this show is like a reversal of what would make good SF. The actors are more or less well rounded which saves this show from being on at 4am as its time slot. Not great. I would have to say fair, but not dazzling. A teenager could probably come up with better, I daresay.

score /10

alienworlds 19 June 2010

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2266630/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部