View: 130|Reply: 0

boe_dye sez: Well it was pretty cool in the beginning...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
18-2-2021 02:47:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
And then it just went to pot sometime during season 4.

My wife and I, like most people accepted this series mainly because of Gene Roddenberry, and Star Trek. We felt that it was produced by Majel Barret, and it would be pretty good.

Kinda like a "what would happen if the federation fell" story line.

Imagine Star Trek a thousand years after the entire Milky Way Galaxy was unified under the federation and then finally falls, and this is basically the idea.

So we watched, and we enjoyed. Until the dreaded 4th season came around, and then the show just made very little to no sense.

Suddenly things were happening that had some type of back story, but were never really explained. Stories started to have huge plot holes, and just made no sense, until eventually we lost interest and said thats the end of that.

The concept of the show was pretty good, and had they stuck with it, it would have lasted a very happy 5 seasons, however due to the well publicized change in direction of the show, it's easy to understand why it ended on a down note.

Now to be fair we only go a couple of episodes into the 4th season until we called it quits. However from what we have read (my wife and I), by the end of the series it was basically a mercy killing.

The best way to look at this series would be to essentially break into two ages so to speak: The Age of Blue Trance, and the Age of Gold Trance.

Once you make it to the age of Gold Trance, right around the time she loses her tail, you might as well just stop watching cause it goes down hill rather quickly from there.

Fortunately in this internet age that we live in, there are more then enough summaries out there to tell us how it ends.

It's sad that this "alternate" view of what Star Trek could have been in the future turned out so bad. Poor Gene is probably still rolling in his grave.

score 5/10

boe_dye 21 April 2008

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1861754/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部