View: 128|Reply: 0

An apocalyptic disappointment

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
31-1-2021 11:22:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Gamma World written by Madison Avenue. Factually and scientifically inaccurate melodrama mawkishness. Why couldn't the writers pick up a copy of the Planet of the Apes Movies or the Gamma World Role Playing Game and go from there? I have always dined at the table of a longed for good nuclear apocalypse show and have always gone away from the table hungry. This show develops too slowly, and why are all the girls still so pretty with their hair done so nice with their make up and collagen lips and plastic hips after a nuclear holocaust? How come the former St. Louis cop hyper-competently instructs the yokels how to duct tape their houses but yet decides to keep his Morse code short-wave radio knowledge of the extent of the national destruction a secret for only the viewers to melodramatically know at the end of episode 2? Why can you survive by putting plastic on your windows during the radiation rain, but half the town has to be buried in an explosion in a salt mine deep beneath the earth? Why don't they just put dinosaurs in F-16's? Unlike Jericho's depicted apocalypse, I predict this show will die an early death with a whimper.

score 4/10

paladinmtk 2 October 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1488908/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部