View: 75|Reply: 0

Insulting

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-1-2021 00:49:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I haven't read the book, but I liked the premise of the story, as it was revealed through the numerous ads for the mini-series on TNT... However, this movie was very disappointing. The narration continued to point out obvious things that were going on in the movie (the most ridiculous is right after the dragon tattoo on Uther's hand is revealed, Morgaine, the narrator, comes on and says "it was the same dragon that I had seen at..." - DUH! Only if you had missed the previous 5 minutes of the movie--or if you were a COMPLETE idiot--would you need that narration). They left NOTHING to the imagination. A good movie would leave you wondering about certain things-- let the revelation pop into your head, not come right out and spoonfeed the storyline to you. I felt like they gave away the whole thing in the first 15 minutes.

The end product was a corny (at best) shadow of what it could have been. It's a real shame... they had a great story, great actors, great sets, great costumes... but the execution was just awful.

I can't decide if I'm more mad at the director or the screenwriter... I was looking forward to seeing this, and I kept watching, hoping that it would get better, but had to change the channel after about an hour.

score 1/10

stephee 16 July 2001

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0725542/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部