View: 107|Reply: 0

This could have been so good, if only...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-1-2021 00:49:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
If whomever was in charge of the script & casting had actually followed the original story, this could have been fantastic. Sadly, this is another story altogether and not one that made a lot of sense. Julianna Margulies is a great Morgaine, Ian Duncan as Accolon Michael was a almost perfect fit, Michael Byrne made a good Merlin, and Klára Issová was a convincing Raven; aside from these actors, everyone else seemed either horrid & prone to overacting, sorry Ms Houston, or just wrong. Edward Atterton and Michael Vartan did well with the script that was given, but didn't pull off the roles convincingly, in my opinion that is. They both did the wimpy male thing that MZB originally wrote well, so in that sense they were true to character.

Great Music, Cinematography by Vilmos Zsigmond is AMAZING, the costumes by James Acheson & Carlo Poggioli were pretty fantastic and Julianna Margulies are the reasons I would give for watching this film. But if you, like me, were hoping for a version of the MZB book, don't bother. Again, this is a completely different story, and not the best one either.

score 5/10

LionGirl2k 20 July 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1425268/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部