View: 125|Reply: 0

Good show . . . except for a few small details.

[Copy link]
25-1-2021 03:45:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It's always the small details that make or break a production.  I once asked my dad how Sean Connery could be in Highlander 2 as he died in the first one.  "Small details," said my dad.

I asked him how the students in "Head of the Class" could be in high school for *five* years when high school is *four* years and they're supposed to be the geniuses.  "Small details," said my dad.

He asked me how my grades could be so low, how I couldn't memorize a list of twenty-five vocabulary words when i could remember every little nuance of every stupid show or movie ever made.  "Small details," I said.

While I was recovering, I discovered this show.  It was apparently about a robot who looked just like a young girl, who could memorize the copyright page of a history textbook in two and a half seconds (Dr. Soong would be proud), but couldn't remember the lesson she had learned on being more human in the previous episode.  Small detail.

Also her identity as a robot was supposedly a secret, but her voice makes Steven Hawking's sound smooth and natural.  Small detail.

And nobody noticed that she wore the same *$@#% dress for God knows how many years?  Small detail.

And what about the fact that she actually grew up as the show went on? Small . . .

Wait a minute, this wasn't a good show.  This show sucked!  I've had major dental procedures that I liked more than this show!  In the end, "Small Wonder" is just one big small detail (big . . . small . . . ummmm . . . well, you get the point).  Something to be swept under the rug and forgotten.

score /10

Bryanthemadposter 24 July 2003

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0217668/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部