Episode 1 review

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
17-1-2021 11:14:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This is a short review of episode one.

Flesh and bone follows a young girl who runs away from home and comes to New York to join a ballet company. She witnesses how cruel and unforgiving ballet world can be, and what you have to do, to be on top. Sarah Hay who only has one acting credit to her name, plays this young ballet dancer named Claire and puts an amazing performance. Not to say that the rest of the cast is mediocre, but Hay is amazing. Watching the show you feel bad for her, she does not understand everything around her, and if she wants to make it in the ballet world, she will have to lose her innocence. We do not know a lot about her past, but can assume that he had a hard life. Everyone around her seems to have an agenda of some sorts. She is hated just for being new, I think the show depicts life accurately; it is a cruel and dark place.

Also, I am not a big fan of ballet, but I can say that the dancing shown is amazing as well, I keep praising the show, but I do have a minor problem, everyone is really mean, even though that is realistic depiction of the world, I think the show takes it a bit too far. The show has a lot of profanity and nudity, you might think that it is normal for a premium cable program, but I did not expect it from a show about a ballet dancer. Some people will hate this show, and some will absolutely love it.

All in all, I did not want to spoil the show too much. I did not expect the show to be so amazing; everything from directing to acting is brilliant. The music in particular stood out. I am afraid that not a lot of people will check this show out, because it is on a premium channel. At least give it a chance.

score 10/10

airidass 10 November 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3352246/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部