View: 91|Reply: 0

It's not as bad as it sounds.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
11-1-2021 02:54:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Yes, the title is cringe worthy, yes it's a romantic comedy, and yes there are jokes about social media and people taking selfies, but it's done to make fun of our modern society. You can tell the actors are not taking themselves too seriously. This makes perfect sense. The whole show is a satire like the Simpsons. Even the Simpsons have had way more crude jokes and yet it's still the longest running series ever produced.

As I am writing this, we are only at the third episode and people are already criticizing about the quality? Keep in mind, even the highly rated shows like X-Files, ER, and House M.D. have had some episodes that were not as good as some of the others. We need to give this show a chance. The characters have to be developed and the actors I feel are doing an excellent job so far with their physical facial humor, sometimes emotional acting, clever humorous timing, and an overall message about everyday life.

The two leads Karen Gillan and John Cho make an excellent complimentary pair. John Cho's character Henry is uptight and worries with analytical ideas that is trying to help Karen Gillan's character Eliza (who is spur of the moment, live life, don't care attitude) to better herself. I'm sure many can recognize the My Fair Lady spin and Pretty Woman. The shows humor also reminds me of movies like Clueless, Mean Girls, and Easy A and they were all successful both critically and financially.

One final note, this may be the only show ever produced with an Asian male lead in a romantic comedy, and I'm not saying the show is better because of that, but this also breaks stereotypes as well.

score 10/10

Reviewer5 14 October 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3104758/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部