View: 117|Reply: 0

Pacing is a little awkward but there's a lot of promise

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
11-1-2021 02:54:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just watched the first episode. The pacing is a little awkward but there's a lot of promise. I think Henry and Eliza have excellent chemistry and with a few more episodes, this could definitely be a great show.

Not a huge fan of the Internet jargon used in the episode though. I'm a 20-something woman and none of my co-workers talk like that. Only the kid who goes to college and randomly shouts out "yolo" or "hashtag sigh". If I use Internet jargon, it is only ever used on the Internet. #sadlyfe

However, still think Henry and Eliza are mega cute. I do hope the show goes beyond those two as characters. If they pull the female friendship dynamics, (that scene with Wren and her friends LOL!) that would be really fantastic. Female relationships, specifically friendship, is so underplayed in TV/film right now.

Selfie could do a decent job at being very relevant on Tumblr if they had something people could relate to. Eliza is definitely not a Liz Lemon (in terms of gif-ability) but she shows promise for it. Show us more of her awkwardness, her clumsiness, her "Most Butt"- ness and I think the Internet would love her.

But for now, it only shows promise. Hopefully it gets better in the future! I REALLY want this show to be good.

BTW, did anyone spot the Matt Smith reference? Hahahah!

score 8/10

louvang27 30 September 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3096372/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部