View: 110|Reply: 0

A Blandly Executed David vs Goliath, Working-Class Romance

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
10-1-2021 11:14:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I probably would have rated this show a solid 7, but I took a whole star just because of that derpy haircut (because yes, however shallow it makes me, I really did find it THAT distracting)! To be honest, not much stuck out to me about this film. The feel-good, manga-like plot revolves around hard work, determination, family and friendship, but there was nothing unique or noteworthy in the way it was executed. The soundtrack needed a few more tracks to keep it fresh, and the two main leads (though fine actors in their own right) were just a mismatch IMO - both to their respective roles, and to each other. And despite there being 3  couples who got together, the only romantic chemistry I felt during the entire show was between the Palpal restaurant owners.

Still, if you are looking for something with family-friendly values, there are worse shows out there. If you can get past the haircut, you might like it. Circumstantially Recommended.

ROMANCE RATING: 5/10. There are 5  kiss scenes in this show (which is pretty liberal by traditional K-Drama standards), but the majority were brief and G-rated. Personally, I couldn't get into any of them because I just couldn't buy the chemistry between any of the couples (though your mileage may vary)!

score 6/10

nishera 30 December 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6424408/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部