View: 120|Reply: 0

In desperate need of a revamp

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
3-1-2021 11:16:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've occasionally watched this show over the years, and every season is getting worse. So I only watch it if I can't think of anything else to watch - and only on catchup so that I can skip most of the scenes. It's a shame, as I think it can be saved.

Here are the main issues:

1. The Cast.

The longer serving cast members seem to be going through the same storylines over and over again - and I feel that I'm re-watching conversations that have already happened. The easiest examples to use here are Amber & Dan, Lockie & Yaz. Firstly, they seem to be forcing their respective relationships to work. They also have the same type of arguments / disagreement within their friendship groups, over and over.

The longer serving cast members are also generally boring to watch, and I think I recall one of them saying that they are "over the drama". In that case, they should be on a spin-off show instead, so that people can specifically opt to watch their mellow conversations. Amy Child's is a prime example here (I think she should be on a show like 'mummy diaries'). I don't understand her purpose on this show other than book club. I thought TOWIE was supposed to be about the drama, or maybe I misunderstood that.

Perhaps they should keep some of the longer serving cast members, but give them a supporting role; and only focus on the newest cast members, specifically Ella, Joey, Chloe B etc. (And just to clarify, I'm not talking about age here, because I think the show benefits from having a variety of age ranges. They just need to be new to the show e.g. Chloe B's mum is great.)

2. There is barely any drama. If they need ideas on what constitutes as drama they should watch MIC on Channel 4.

3. Dull filming locations.

They always seem to mainly film in the same 4 places: outside in a park or garden / someone's house / the gym / a dark empty club.

And when they do film somewhere other than that, it's always in a small room, or somewhere in the corner where we can't get a feel for the location that they're at. If Essex as a location allows, they would benefit from finding a nice, brightly lit bar or restaurant - or somewhere glamorous / enticing.

score 2/10

bluepink 29 October 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6217103/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部