View: 102|Reply: 0

Scripted and "fake".

[Copy link]
23-12-2020 23:19:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Pickers is fake. Sure, they appear at various places but that's about the "reality" of it.
The show is "scripted". Look at the massive list of "directors". "Reality" can't be "directed".
Anyway, I've been, for the last year or so, been trying to get ahold of Mike Wolfe through their email. He doesn't seem to exist! I get responses to my inquiries by some unnamed person telling me that they will pass on my message to Mike. Now, my messages have been: "I'd like to speak with Mike Wolfe, please" and am ignored. He can't be that busy! The show isn't filmed every week. They film a year or a season's episodes in 2 or 3 months, leaving the rest of the time open.
Now, since they're supposedly a "business" and "sell stuff", why wouldn't they respond to a potential customer? I've asked multiple times to purchase the BSA sign seen in the shop finally to be told: "It's not for sale". Well, take it down, then!
I own a rare motorcycle that's been featured in 3 magazines including Hemming's Motor News and Motorcycle Classics Magazine and am sure if this "Mike Wolfe" character truly existed, he'd surely be interested in checking out my bike. I get nothing but: "Leave a message to Mike. We'll be sure he gets it." Well, my message is "I want to speak with MIKE!" Surely they have computer access!
Yes, I still watch the show but now look at Mike Wolfe with contempt. To ignore repeated correspondence from not only a viewer but a potential customer, well, that's egotistical and self-centered.
By the way, The History Channel and it's sponsors all pay the "Pickers" purchasing costs because how can a business that doesn't exist have any money? I mean, how much money can be made driving half way across the country to buy a half dozen items at 30% less than you might sell them for?
Plus, who pays the fuel and crew for the helicopter and crew's vehicle that follows them around? As a former member of the United Sates Army's 14th Aviation (rotary wing) Battalion, I can certainly tell you it isn't cheap to fly a helicopter!
Where's the profit..?
Think about it...

score 1/10

daviddaveinternational 15 May 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4165583/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部