View: 121|Reply: 0

Picker Nation

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
23-12-2020 23:19:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
American Pickers can be taken as different things. For me, I watch it when I want something that's somewhat educational as well as calming. There's no negative drama as other reality shows feature as their selling point. Yes, it is scripted to a degree. Anything with cameras will have to be. However, the interactions between Mike and Frank and the people they see are interesting.

Danielle fills a role that is needed also. She may not be as informed as they are about items but she has more than enough know-how to manage their shop(s) and go out on the occasional pick.

As far as others speaking on them ripping people off, they run a business. It's not charity. Most of these people who sell to them don't have the resources to do so on their own. I've also seen people compare Pickers to Antique Roadshow. Again, not the same thing. These guys are on the road, picking items that not everyone would consider to be valuable. It's a niche thing. They're not sitting at a table for half an hour discussing one item without an interest to purchase it. And even those items may not be interesting to everyone. No one is making these people sell. I'd sell to them if I had something they'd be interested in. If I'm not going to keep it and I can make money then why not? This show clearly isn't for everyone, but there's no need to be ugly about it. While it is part entertainment there are levels of education. No one is saying you should forgo American History to watch this show but if you're looking for something interesting and a time-filler then this is the show for you. They've passed through my neck of the woods and I've not heard anything negative about them.

The only draw-back is when they feature others on the show like the Pawn Stars and American Restoration. It just takes away from the show.

score 8/10

mpcoscino 22 May 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3713856/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部