View: 102|Reply: 0

bad start

[Copy link]
21-12-2020 22:32:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
NYPD detective Laura Diamond (Debra Messing) has rambunctious twin boys and divorcing from her husband Jake Broderick (Josh Lucas). Of course, he's her boss. Billy Soto (Laz Alonso) and Meredith Bose (Janina Gavankar) become detective partners and later personal partners. Max Carnegie (Max Jenkins) is Laura's irreplaceable helper. In the last half of the first season, Frankie Pulaski (Meg Steedle) joins the squad. In the second season, Frankie is gone and they get a new captain in Nancy Santiani (Callie Thorne).

This show starts horribly. The kids are terribly annoying. As much as I like Debra Messing, I can't stand her character's life. The show gets better as the kids get phased out. Her private life isn't front and center as much. I like the addition of Frankie to add some light likability. Then she gets dropped in favorite of another annoying character, Santiani. Eventually, her character gets explained and then dropped. At its best, the show is nothing more than a passable police procedural. The problem is that it's not even at that passable level for most of its run. A two season run is more than what it deserves.

score 4/10

SnoopyStyle 18 May 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3472039/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部