View: 92|Reply: 0

Only for hardcore Debra Messing's fans...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
21-12-2020 22:32:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
In one sentence: It's not a show you will hate, but unless you are a hardcore Debra Messing's fan you won't like it either.

It's an action comedy (supposedly), about a soon to be divorced police woman with two rebellious little kids, who is tough, and tries to balance her professional life with her personal ordeals.

There is a crime to solve, and the criminal is very elusive, but you won't feel any actual mystery. It is overwhelmed by the little gags and the little personal dramas of the protagonist.

The show it's not really funny either.

Messing is presented as a tough, like Dirty Harry tough, police woman who wears a ...raincoat and doesn't give a crap about police procedures. She drinks alcohol on duty, she eats over the dead bodies at the morgue, and... well...you get it. There aren't any scripted jokes in the show so far. No one-liners or catch phrases. If you think that the awkward smile of Messing after she returns an ...$385 bathing suit she just used in a swim-pool party is funny, than you may like this show. For others I think it's a waste of time. And it's a long time! Each episode lasts 42 minutes (I was expecting a 21 minutes show).

Overall: Not to be hated, but I think it's time wasted.

score /10

Dr_Sagan 25 September 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3092771/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部