View: 94|Reply: 0

Surprisingly fun

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
21-12-2020 03:17:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
When I first saw this on Netflix I almost chose not to watch it. It just looked too absurd. But after the first episode I was greatly interested-- mainly due to the humor of the one liners and setup of characters. By the 2nd & 3rd episode I was hooked.

This show starts with a ridiculous concept-- that girls in tank battles is the ultimate of high school femininity-- and jumps the shark from there, repeatedly and intentionally. Typical line: "It's just that tankery is the very essence of femininity. I don't think I've ever seen guys driving tanks."

Creds have to be given to the research staff. Obviously the creator and staff of this thing are *really in to tanks*. I'm no expert so all I can speak from is audience impact-- but it seems they have the tank models, weights, armor, maneuverability and power down pat. I think just about every tank ever made is featured in this 12-episode series and the follow-up 2 hour movie.

Ridiculous? Yes. Strategic? In some parts very much so, in other parts ludicrously so. If you're in the mood for anime girls, heavy weapons and ridiculous humor all in one series, this might be just the ticket.

On the downside: I have to say some of the rules of the tank competitions are a bit lop sided. In the drama of the show it's intended as an underdog sympathy trick... but pitting 5 tanks against 10 just doesn't seem cricket. One would think balanced sides would be a requirement. But then, one doesn't go into a high school girl tank battle expecting fair play and realism, eh? ;D

Fun watch that exceeded expectations.

score 8/10

Snootz 31 January 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5448598/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部