View: 105|Reply: 0

Wow. This was amazing. And then season 2.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
6-12-2020 12:05:38 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I got this issue, you see. After deciding to marathon all 10 seasons of 90210 (the original), I just couldn't get enough of the coolness of Dylan McKay. I wanted to be him, to admire him, and watch more of him. Well, after 10 seasons, Dylan was gone, and Luke Perry expressed many times that he wished nothing more than to move on and show he was more than a one trick pony. And that's much to my chagrin because I wanted to see more Dylan. Even in a different role I wanted to see someone like the Dylan character and it was a problem because Perry was busy trying to build his versatility in roles that had him be the bad guy (Angel and the Bad Man, Upstairs), a southerner (8 seconds), a hungry agent (John From Cincinnati), anything, just not Dylan. Finally, though, he brought a Dylan like character back for Jeremiah, this show, and it was better than 90210!

This show was amazing, the feeling, the story, the coolness, the striving of each character, the arcs, the incredible dynamic between Luke/Jeremiah and Malcolm/Kurdy, everything. I marathoned this one, too, and the first season was absolutely non-stop riveting. This was Luke's finest since Dylan and it really should have continued forever. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to watch amazingness and perfection. Season 1, that is...

Season 2 had 2 issues, First of all it was still very good and enjoyable and entertaining. But it started to become a farce of itself as many plot turns which should have taken months to evolve, took weeks. This was because the producers were told like at the last minute that their (e.g.) 26 episode order had been cut down to like 13, I just made up these numbers because I'm a movie viewer not a researcher but the point is I know that there was a cut down of episode orders so everything had to be rushed, so I can't blame the writers for speeding up the plot. But the second problem, without giving too much away, the whole concept of season 2 bothered me: If they lived in a world after the apocalypse, struggling to find even the most remote traces of life, as they did in season 1, how could there have been a big huge city right around the corner that nobody knew about until season 2!?! I mean geez. So that plot hole took away a lot of enjoyment, because you could just see that it was this glaring addition that no writer thought about at all during season 1 and then said, hey, let's design this new thing in season 2. Took a lot of believability away.

Other than that, this show is a must watch. After the series was cancelled fans had campaigns to have them try and revamp the show and I would have fully supported it, but it sadly didn't make enough noise. I hope you watch it and enjoy just as I have!

score 8/10

mbkfox 21 January 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3400283/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部