View: 114|Reply: 0

If You Like Camp You Will Enjoy Flash Gordon

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2020 13:04:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Flash Gordon doesn't have the special effects that Battlestar Galactica has. It doesn't have such actors as Edward James Olmos. I want to be the first to tell you that's okay because Flash Gordon isn't trying to be like BSG. Flash Gordon is trying to be Flash Gordon, full of good campy fun, just with a little modern flavor. I like Flash Gordon because it doesn't take itself seriously, and that is what makes it enjoyable. If you want to spend an hour in front of the TV (45 minutes if you TIVO it and cut out the commercials) and you don't want to spend the whole time figuring out some intricate plot or learn the newest criminal investigation techniques, then watch Flash Gordon.

I will admit that I miss the intimidating version of Ming, especially when played by Max Von Sydow. This Ming doesn't have the bite, but he has a subdued ruthlessness (I know that sounds like an oxymoron). And I do have to say that I didn't care too much for the first episode. Still I decided to stick with it for a while and I am glad that I did. Now that the season is over I'm sure Sci Fi will play the entire season over again. So anyone who missed it can start all over. Just give it 2-3 episodes. It's won't kill you!

score 8/10

JSM15859 3 December 2007

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1774347/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部