View: 90|Reply: 0

Fusion of Entertainment and Therapy

[Copy link]
15-11-2020 12:07:19 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Being Erica is a total fusion of entertainment and therapy for its viewing audience. It feels like Sex and The City but without the "sex"--the focus being on all aspects of life and the quest for personal evolution through changing past regrets. They also delve into Judaism and give an inside look to its traditions, which is an added bonus for this reviewer--being spiritual and not religious but proud of the heritage. I do not think I have yet watched this show without shedding a tear or finding some aspect in the storyline to which I can relate for myself or someone in my inner circle. I just cannot sing its praises enough. Dr. Tom's character--with his wit and wisdom, beautifully portrayed, the spouting of quotations (a personal favorite), the insights...but also the humanness when you see that he is imperfect, as we all are by the definition of "being human". Erica--so many facets to her spirit--a character who is relate-able to *every* woman. We embrace her realism and enjoy being along for her journey. I am so moved by the character depth that is explored, the creativity in the show's presentation, the nostalgia of the yesterdays... Moved enough to actually post my very first review on IMDb despite being a fan of this website for years. This show is an absolute gem, and I hope it continues to have a wonderfully successful run. Just brilliant.

score 10/10

dragonflyjewel37 5 March 2010

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2216598/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部